all shall love me and despair

i'm just a girl tryin to make a dolla out of yoohoo bottles

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 was kinda dope.

really liked 2007! but then again, i dont recall a year i didn't like...but yeah, i really really really liked 2007. here are some highlights (and a couple low)

-- new years 2007...i went to a nigerian church w/ my boy. i was deeply disturbed by the minister's insistence w/ donating and i quote "atleast $50 ..." but i was even more disturbed by no one else being disturbed by this. i couldn't hide my frown.

- visiting Dubai...1st day left my passport in cab ( yes, i'm an idiot)...but after a few calls to cab company, it was found 2 hrs later. i tipped like i aint never tipped before (and im a damn good tipper). overall...great experience, but a bit too ostentatious for my liking...and im kinda ostentatious.


-my bomb ass bday! like if you werent there....shooo...thats all i gosta say

my beautiful niece Oliva just getting smarter by the second. she's beautiful, a genius, and she will be that popular girl your kids(including mine) will hate and want to be. accept it.i did

the birth of my nephew Abraham...he hasnt developed a personality yet, so i dont have much stories...but he does love my sister's milk ( too much?)

my job. an adventure.period

my hair.

death of brother alexis "mad monk" gonzales...tho he died in 2006, it really hit me this year. he was my mad professor and friend. mad he was... he would throw things at me in class during lecture, say things like " erie, you're such a slut", complained that my non english speaking grandmother would hang up on him ( "erie, why do you guys let her pick up the phone?")... but always left sugar-free cookies for her (she's diabetic), travelled the world, juror at the cannes festival....i could dedicate a whole page to him.

that election i lost. no longer bitter...well..maybe just a little, but nothing a manicure, cute top, or a bowl of mac n cheese can't cure

me discovering ryan gosling. like, hot damn! i love you. i do.

the hills. my best friends

seeing a preview of sex n city movie.

my new place.

christmas in new orleans

vodka tonic...loyal friend

me rooting for ms. new york and tailer made. im still frowning that some ppl still think "punk" is straight. and im still smirking about "pretty"...i saw that from the beginning.

sitting next to sisqo on a flight to los angeles. nope, it wasn't first class but coach on SOUTHWEST! homie is shooort. i couldve sworn i saw his legs dangling. we didn't talk much cuz ...what could we really talk about? but he did offer me gum ( wasnt offended) i offered him a mentos. and when he went to the bathroom, i looked in his shopping bag from the airport magazine shop and noticed he bought a maxim magazine (maybe he isnt gay) AND people .yup, i sure did. no shames. and when we left, i shook his hand and said the corny " it was a pleasure sitting next to you and he smiled " it was a pleasure". but im no groupie.
now if he were mos def....shoooo.....

shopping on melrose ave and praying (while humming "unwritten" ) i'd run into lauren conrad...and spencer ( i could so chill w/ him)...chilling in long beach.
im def a new yorker at heart but i could def live in LA. it's just soo....happy...deluded happiness, but it works...i compare it to SPENDA. yes, its an artificial sweetner ,which in long term will probably kill me, but its damn good and no calories!

having dope women in my life ( not like that freaks). i mean alot of chicks complain that women are catty and not being able to trust them... blah blah... but , damn, im lucky cuz i have an AMAZING mom (who can run circles around ANYONE), wonderful sister (who's damn gifted) - intelligent, sincere, beautiful , funny girlfriends who are jus too damn fly for their own good. im jus blessed man.

i cant wait 2008 ( hey i rhymed again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home