all shall love me and despair

i'm just a girl tryin to make a dolla out of yoohoo bottles

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

4 years in the making

yo, so it's been four years since my last post. my sister who i respect/worship would always encourage me to maintain this blog. and now that im working on my brand (whatever that is), i see the importance of writing a regular post.

the last time i wrote this, i was living the happy, sexy, single life in washington dc. four years later, im still happy, sexy , and single, but now in my home town of new orleans. this is not a catch-up post. so that's the only update you need.

let's talk about turkey day. it was lovely. sis made this AMAAAAAZING mac & cheese with bacon and roasted garlic. she also put thyme in it, which she clarified it's pronounced as "time". she real smart. she on that phd shyt...but i digress.

 i surprised my family. i told them the week before thanksgiving i was sending them a package. little did they know i was the package. aint i romantic? my sis cried when she opened the door. my mom didn't hear the doorbell ring, so she thought my sis was having an emotional breakdown (again, she's getting her phd, so that's pretty norm. read about it. phd depression is real. educate yo'self) . so mom runs up the stairs from the basement to console my sister with comforting words like "stop crying. it's the holiday', and she sees me and in total shock.

 my niece &  nephew introduced me to the game 'cooking fever'. to say i was hooked would be an understatement. i was up until 1am on this joint. reminded me of those 'drug wars' days on my t83. ah, the 90s.

i love my family. like, love-love. we're kinda like the subjects from the documentary the wolfback, but with better teeth and clearer complexion. and without the experience of being locked in a two bedroom apartment with no contact to the outside world. get what i mean? no? i guess what im tryin to say if if i was stuck in a two bedroom apartment with no contact to the outside world, and limited to just my mom, sister, niece, and nephew, it wouldn't be so bad.

im back in nola, alone, and cold. unfortunately, im out of wine. but it's probably for the best. im just pitiful enough to drunk text an ex lover and ask if he wants to watch 'the wolfpack' on netflix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home