all shall love me and despair

i'm just a girl tryin to make a dolla out of yoohoo bottles

Monday, April 14, 2008

last week at my job

so im leaving this joint. and a joint it has been- filled w/ highs, lows, giggles, delusions....and sometimes munchies [ shrugs]. ive grown alot here and at times have been challenged to the point of tears ...and 4-letter words. but its been pretty damn swell.

so what im looking forward to? my last day, wednesday. i dont have my attire set-up but it must be fab and accompanied by my new dior glasses (touch it!). and will i do any worK? no. well, maybe, i'll .....nah. i won't. and dont really have to b/c i i have to prepare for my goodbye lunch and work on my goodbye speech and conclude w/ my goodbye email. oh, and my farewell to the assholes next door aka japanese newspaper. i may even return all those wall street journals i stole from them...but prepared in a lovely newspaper bouquet.

my last day--let's call it tri-day- falls on the day of the radio/tv correspondents dinner. slap me, really. i will be among such prominent names like jim leher, tim russert ,andrea mitchell, bob schieffer ..oh, and the cheneys. this is probably blasphemy, but im lookin forward to seeing dick cheney in person [ducks lightening and mob of liberals] hey! its the closest thing to seeing if the devil really exists [cues rim shot and ducks lightening] ok, i'll stop.

so until then, i will listen to the beatles " in my life", while playing the video montage of my time here ...
in my head, of course

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home