all shall love me and despair

i'm just a girl tryin to make a dolla out of yoohoo bottles

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

just me and Him

i feel alone at times. that's strange writing that because i have amazing support from my sister and close friends. but i do... and have been feeling this way even more since my mother's illness.

ive been reflecting alot lately of our journey together....watching her in extreme pain, her helpless body on a ventilator unable to speak,  fighting with nurses , battling her hallucinations, racing from the cafeteria incase she needed me, sleepless nights, communicating with letters, waking up to her clicking her tongue at 3am to get my attention, pneumonia, shooting out from the hospital sofa 3-6 times a night because her ventilation machine went off...

im amazed how far we've come and i am so so so grateful to be where we are today. however, every now and then, i find myself really weak. in those moments,  all i could do is take a shower, blast a gospel song, and cry out to Him. i come out feeling refreshed, optimistic,  and reminded that my Friend is always with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home