all shall love me and despair

i'm just a girl tryin to make a dolla out of yoohoo bottles

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

food nazi

when my mom was in the hospital, she used to call me a dictator. infact, then she was on a ventilator and couldn't speak, so she spelled it out for me -D-I-C-T-A-T-O-R.   i would like to blame it on ICU delirium, but she spoke facts. and i am still battling my tyrant ways. my enemy: non organic, GMOs...and sometimes dairy

i am very deliberate in what foods i feed her. they have to be nutritious and organic. every now and then, i'll give her small bites of chocolate. chemo has drastically affected her taste buds making them super sensitive to sweets, so she rarely craves them.

on a few occasions friends and family would come by, bringing cake or dishes. i smile and thank them, look at the label, and often throw them away when they leave. the other day, my cousin brought turkey wraps from cosco. my mom enjoyed  them and the following morning she wanted them for breakfast. i almost denied that request, but i'm getting better at mommying my mom.  anyway,  maybe it was a coincidence, but after eating those wraps, i noticed she didn't have her usual morning bowel movement. so off to the trash those wraps went.

this afternoon, mum wanted those wraps for lunch. i told her i threw them away. she gave me a disappointing "WHY!?" i said i left them out all day and they got bad. she didn't stay sad for long. i made her a turkey burger with ezekiel bread, grilled onions and a kale salad.

not bad for a fascist, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home